Thu, 27 Apr 2017
The All India Management Association (AIMA) is an apex body for management studies established in the year 1957 with the joint efforts of Government of India and the Corporate Sector of the country. At present, it has around 61 local Management Associations, 30000 Professional Members and 3000 Corporate Members.
The AIMA is an active member of many other organizations such as the Asian Association of Management Organizations (AAMO), the Asia-Pacific regional body of World Associations of Management Organizations (CIOS), and the South Asian Association of Management Organizations (SAAMO). It is also tied up with many overseas professional bodies such as the Australian Institute of Management (AIM), the Deakin University of Australia, the American Management Association (AMA), the Carnegie Melon University (CMU), USA, the Institute of Management United Kingdom, the Henley Management College (UK), the Singapore Institute of Management (SIM), and the International Management Association of Japan (IMAJ).
The major study programmes include the Management Development programmes, the Management Education programmes and the Shaping Your Mind programmes.
· Management Development Programmes - AIMA under the Centre for Management Development (CMD) conducts various programmes for professional managers across the country including summits, seminars, workshops, and in-house programmes.
· Management Education Programmes - The Management Education programmes of AIMA have the following courses.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management, (PGDM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology & Management (PGDITM)
- Professional Diplomas (PD)
- Professional Diploma in Human Resource Development (PDHRD)
- Professional Diploma International Business (PDIB)
- Professional Diploma in Marketing Management (PDMM)
- Professional Diploma in Finance (PDF)
- Professional Diploma in Retail Management (PDRM)
- Professional Diploma in Pharmaceutical Marketing (PDPM)
- Professional Diploma in Travel and Tourism (PDTT)
- Advanced Diplomas (AD)
- Advanced Diploma in Finance
- Advanced Diploma in Marketing
- Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Development
- Advanced Diploma in Enterprise Management
- Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA)
The admission to two-year PGDIM programme of AIMA is based on the marks scored by the candidates in Management Aptitude Test (MAT) or the Common Admission Test (CAT) along with a graduation. The professional diploma courses offered by AIMA do not require any test. A student must be either a graduate or should possess a 3-year diploma in any discipline. The diplomas are also open to students who are enrolled in various professional courses like MBA, MFS, CA, CS, and ICWA. The admission to the Doctorate in Business Administration is based on the scores of Research Management Aptitude Test (R- MAT) and a personal interview. The R-MAT test is conducted twice a year (May and December) at all the major cities of the country. Besides qualifying in the test, the candidate should possess a Post Graduate Degree with minimum 55% marks along with minimum 50% marks in the Graduation, or a Degree in Engineering and Technology, Law, Chartered Accountancy, Cost Accountancy or any other Professional Qualification equivalent to a Post Graduate Degree with a minimum of 55% marks. A candidate should also have a minimum of 5 years of managerial experience in industry or 3 years teaching experience in a Management Institute recognized by AICTE or a University.
- Shaping Your Mind Programmes - The AIMA conducts these programmes for professionals below 30 years and are keen to make a mark in the field of management. The main purpose of these programmes is to provide a platform for professionals to network with top notch professionals. These programmes are conducted by AIMA in close cooperation with Local Management Associations (LMAs).
For More Articles, visit Back to INDIA EDUCATION Home