Mon, 29 May 2017
The central Institute of Agricultural Engineering conducts R & D work to facilitate agricultural mechanism, conserve soil and water through land development and efficient irrigation and drainage equipment, post-harvest and value addition of agro waste produce and efficient utilization of renewable and non-renewable sources of energy in agriculture, information dissemination in technology transfer through training, demonstration and prototype production and supply.
Initially, it conducted the research in farm machinery, post harvest technology and energy utilization in agriculture. Later, Agro Industrial Extension and Instrumentation and Irrigation and Drainage Engineering were included in its research programmes. The Institute is supported by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), state and central universities and many organizations in the field of agriculture. It has collaborative programmes with many foreign organizations such as AIT, CIRAD, FAO, IDRC, IRRI, RNAEM, ESCAP, SAREC, UNIDO and USAID. The Institute has the following objectives.
· Develop hardware and technology in cooperation with other ICAR Institutes in the area of crops, horticulture, aquaculture and animal husbandry for production and processing
· Provide leadership and co-ordinate network of research withstate agricultural universities for generating location-specific technologies
· Provide input to ICAR on policy intervention with respect to agricultural mechanization, energy management in agriculture, irrigation and drainage and post harvest technology
· Provide consultancy and undertake sponsored research from industry and other organization
· Act as a repository of information on agricultural engineering
· Act as a Center for training in research methodologies and technology and conduct post graduate education programme leading to Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Agricultural Engineering
· Collaborate with relevant national and international agencies in achieving the above objectives.
The Institute conducts trainings in the following categories.
· Design of Agricultural Machinery
· Testing of Agricultural Machinery
· Manufacturing Technology of Agricultural Machinery
· Computer Aided Design (CAD)
· Soybean Processing and Utilization
For More Articles, visit Back to INDIA EDUCATION Home