Mon, 20 Feb 2017
Introduction to Chartered Accountancy
The career in Chartered Accountancy is witnessing a rapid growth, with the growth of industries and corporate sectors. The Chartered Accountants normally occupy high and respectable posts in corporate sectors and are responsible for handling accounts and finance related matters, deal with money management, prepare, analyze and audit accounts apart from providing financial advice. Only the members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants can call themselves as Chartered Accountants, upon attaining the certificate from the Institute. The Chartered Accountants are entrusted with the responsibility under various legislations such as compulsory audit of the all companies, banks, stock brokers, big income-tax assesses, and large bank borrowers.
The minimum eligibility criterion is the completion of the Foundation course after 10+2 or Graduation in commerce with 50% marks. The non-commerce graduates with Mathematics need to secure 60% marks and non-commerce graduates with subjects other than Mathematics with 55% of the total marks. Also, the candidates should not be less than 18 years of age.
The candidates willing to take up Chartered Accountant career must have good numerical ability and analytical mind to interpret facts and figures correctly. They should have logical and methodical approaches, concentration power and attention to detail.
Job Scope and Career Options
The Chartered Accountants have various options for pursuing rewarding career. The Chartered Accountants are appointed Trustees and Executors, under a Will or Trust, to carry on the administration of an estate or settlement in collaboration with solicitors or lawyers. Many of them have risen to occupy managerial and senior executive posts of responsibility. Some of the career options are given below.
- Chief Accountant
- Financial Advisor
- Internal Auditor
- General Manager
- Company Director
List of Regional offices of Chartered Accountants of India
- The Joint Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,P.O.Box 7100, Indraprastha Marg,New Delhi 110 002.
- The Joint Director of Studies, Western India Regional Council, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Anveshak-27 cuffe Parade, Colaba, Mumbai-400 005.
- The Deputy Secretary, Southern India Regional Council, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 122 M.G. Road, Post Box No.-3314, Nungambakkam, Chennai – 600 034.
- The Deputy Secretary, Eastern India Regional Council, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,7, Russel Street,Kolkata-700 001.
- The Assistant Secretary, Central Indian Regional Council, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Post Box No.-314, 26/77-B, Kanpur Civil Lines, Kanpur-208001.
For More Articles, visit Back to INDIA EDUCATION Home