Mon, 20 Feb 2017
The Institute of Economic Growth set up in 1958 with a focus on economics demography and sociology is recognized as one of the leading research institute in the areas of economics and social development.
The Institute has vast resources of faculties and research scholars and around 40 social scientists do research studies on Agriculture & Rural Development, Environment & Resource Economics, Globalisation & Trade, Industry, Labour & Welfare, Macro Economic Issues & Models, Population & Health Policy, and Social Change & Social Structure.
There are many regular and special training programmes conducted to target different groups of policy and opinion makers in government, civil society and academic communities.
The various research units or centers of the Institute of Economic Growth working in different areas of economics and social economics are as given below.
- Agricultural Economics Research Unit
- Development Planning Centre
- Environmental & Resource Economics Unit
- Health Policy Research Unit
- Indian Economic Service Training Section (IES)
- Population Research Centre
- Applied Econometrics Research Section or RBI Chair Unit
- Social Change and Social Structure or Sociology Unit
- V.K.R.V. Rao Centre for Studies in Globalisation - Institute Of Economic Growth
For More Articles, visit Back to INDIA EDUCATION Home