About Educational Loans
The educational loans are provided by various banks based on certain criteria. These loan schemes aim at providing financial assistance on reasonable terms to the poor and needy to undertake basic education.
Expenses considered for loan
- Fee payable to college/school/ hostel.
- Examination/Library/Laboratory fee.
- Purchase of books/ equipment’s/instruments/uniforms.
- Caution deposit/building fund/refundable deposit supported by Institution bills/ receipt.
- Travel expenses/ passage money for studies abroad.
- Purchase of computers-essential for completion of the course.
- Any other expenses required to complete the course- like study tours, project work, thesis etc.
Courses for which the loans are offered
- Studies in India
- School education including plus 2 stage.
- Graduation courses: BA, B.Com., B.Sc., etc.
- Post Graduation courses: Masters & Ph.D.
- Professional courses: Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary, Law, Dental, Management, Computer etc.
- Computer certificate courses of reputed institutes accredited to Dept. of Electronics or institutes affiliated to university.
- Courses like ICWA, CA, CFA, etc.
- Courses like IIM, IIT, IISc, XLRI, NIFT, etc.
- Courses offered in India by reputed foreign universities.
- Evening courses of approved institutes.
- Other courses leading to diploma/degree etc. conducted by colleges/universities approved by UGC/Govt./AICTE/AIBMS/ICMR etc.
- Courses offered by National Institutes and other reputed private institutions.
- Studies abroad
- Graduation: For job oriented professional/technical courses offered by reputed universities.
- Post Graduation: MCA, MBA, MS etc.
- Courses conducted by CIMA-London, CPA in USA etc.
- Should be an Indian National
- Secured admission to professional/technical courses through Entrance Test/ Selection process.
- Secured admission to foreign university/Institutions.
Illustrative List of Papers/Documents Required for Education Loan
- Admission letter giving details of year wise fee, boarding and lodging expenses. Letter confirming scholarship, if any.
- Attested copies of documents for proof of age/date of birth and proof of residential address.
- Passport size photo of the applicant and guarantors.
- Copy of marksheets/degree certificates of previous academic qualifications.
- Income proof/latest income tax return of parents/ guarantors.
- Details of collateral security
- Details/statements of Bank accounts for the last six months.
- Copy of Passport/Visa, cost of air fare (documentary detail) in case of studies abroad.
Education in India: Menu
- Education in India, An introduction
- Importance of Education
- Why Should I learn?
- Brief History of Education in India
- Levels of Education in India
- University Education in India
- Schooling in India
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- All India Management Association (AIMA)
- Bar Council of India (BCI)
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
- Center for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
- Advanced Computing Training School (ACTS)
- Central Hindi Directorate (CHD)
- Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering (CIAE)
- Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET)
- Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages (CIEFL)
- International Training Program (ITP)
- Commission of Scientific & Technical Terminology (CSTT)
- Council of Architecture (COA)
- Dental Council of India (DCI)
- Directorate General of Shipping
- DOEACC Society
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
- Indian Council of Philosophical Research (ICPR)
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)
- Indian School of Business
- Indian School of Mines (ISM)
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Indian Statistical Institute (ISI)
- Institute for Plasma Research (IPR)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Institute of Economic Growth (IEG)
- Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc)
- Institute Of Physics (IOP)
- Medical Council of India
- National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
- National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA)
- Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (RSS)
- Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP)
- Technical Teacher's Training Institute (TTTI)
- Indian Institutes of Management (IIM)
- Veterinary Council of India (VCI)
Accounting & Law Courses:
- Chartered Accountancy
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Institute of Cost and Works Accounts of India
- Law Education
More Courses in India:
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Advertising Course
- Biotechnology Course
- Library Science
- Fashion Designing Course
- Education in Teaching
- Air Hostess Training
- Music Education & Courses
- Air Ticketing Course
- Travel and Tourism Education & Courses
- Civil Services Examination
- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad at USA
- Study Abroad at United Kingdom
- Study Abroad at Australia
- Study Abroad at Canada
- Study Abroad at Germany
- Admission to Various Levels of Higher Studies
- Learning for a Better Career
- Education and Economy
- Online Education
- Distance Education
- On Outsourcing of Jobs to India
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Migration of Skilled Indians to Abroad (Brain Drain)
- Educational Loans