Medical Council of India
by V.A.Ponmelil (All rights reserved by the author)
The Medical Council of India being a constitutional body in India was established in 1934 under the Indian Medical Council Act, 1933 primarily to establish uniform standards of higher qualifications in medicine and to grant recognition of medical qualifications in India and abroad. The following are the objectives of the council.
· Maintenance of uniform standards of medical education, both undergraduate and postgraduate.
· Recommendation for recognition/de-recognition of medical qualifications of medical institutions of India or foreign countries.
· Permanent registration/provisional registration of doctors with recognised medical qualifications,
· Reciprocity with foreign countries in the matter of mutual recognition of medical qualifications.
· Maintenance of All India Medical Register of persons who hold any of the recognized medical qualification or for the time being registered with any of the State Medical Councils or Medical Council of India.
For More Articles, visit Back to INDIA EDUCATION Home